Miss Understand.  

Just got off the line. The conversation started off okay. Ended up a wreck.

It is amazing how a misunderstanding can just occur all of a sudden. I don't even know how this whole crapzoid (sorry Megan, use your word) came up.
Maybe I misinterpreted whatever he was saying. But, how is one not to misinterpret and actually have empathy in such a situation?

He was talking about making the right choice and all that jazz and it was rather clear, to me, that it was a huge ass hint that whatever he's saying is not a good thing!
I was upset,duhh. Wondering. Why is he saying all these? How could he?

I concluded that it's bad. Everything he's trying to say, in a nutshell, is just plain bad.
So, being a typical teenage girl, I just stay silent. Thinking that maybe the silent treatment would work on him. He would just scrap everything he said. Hinting to him, silently, that I'm unhappy. I'm unhappy because he's saying such negative things to me.

Being a typical male, he just went on and on. Even mentioned that things would be a lot easier if we were to talk face to face. So I said, "Hmm. K." Yes, being the typical teenage girl again.

Suddenly my silent treatment tactic like kicked him in his groin or something.
He lets out a long and loud sigh. He turns the whole thing around and I think to myself,
"Finally lah!"
He changed the tone of his voice. Less formal, more intimate(?). He used less ginormous words. More casual and short and easy-to-understand words. He restructured his sentences.

Well, 'Finally lah' not exactly... All that change just did not cut it. I was still...
dazed and confused.

In fact, I think I hit the end of the road. I just gave up trying to figure out whatever he was trying to say. I gave up trying to feel empathic. I just said, as a typical teenage girl would,
"Fine. I'm FINE. I'll be fine."
And, poor him: "I'm sorry. Just forget I said all that. Please? I'll pick you up tomorrow and I'll talk to you about this then. I'm sorry."

Now I am thinking...
That's all he could do. That's all he could do on the phone. God knows how many kilometers we are away from each other. That was the most he could do: change the tone of his voice, use common words, and restructure his sentences.

I feel so bad now. :(
I'm sorry I was being such a !@#$%^&*

Communication isn't exactly bliss. Not on the phone at least. Pfft.
Gender does influence one's character. Hence, in this case, causing severe misunderstandings in a simple conversation.

Signing off,
JcqV.

This entry was posted on Thursday, October 09, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments