Week 7 (Part 1)  

Noise by social scientist is describe as any forces that can interfere with effective communication.

Physiological noise involves biological factors like illness that can interfere with accurate reception.

Psychological noise refers to the forces within the communicator that interfere with the ability to express and understand a message accurately.

Because of these 2 factors, today I have communicate ineffectively and follow too much of my heart than head in expressing my thoughts. Well I'm not going to blame it all on the 2 factors, I personally think that I was being too judgemental today.

As everyone know, lately a lot of people seem to be sick and I'm one of them. Today was my worst day in college compared to all the days I've spent in college. Not only that the stress of overload of work got to me but I was also having really high fever, flu and cough with that today was the day where some people decided to create problems.

Now I'm going to tell you 2 incidents that happen today.

I confronted a person today on how he/she is acting/behaving towards something. As i was really sick and tired and at the same time was facing some problems and having to do so much thing at one moment, I just blurted out everything I felt and thought. Now that I think back of it, I knew I could have handle it better and put my thoughts and feelings in a more effective way that wouldn't have probably upset him/her. At the same time, because of the history we had, it probably had lead me to express myelf in a more exaggerated way than I would normally had with another person.

So, to you, you know who you are and if your reading, I'm really sorry.

Next, as I reached home my fever was even worse, so I slept off for awhile. An hour into my sleep, I was woken up by an sms. Knowing me, in a normal situation I wouldn't have reacted the way I did, but as I was really sick and tired, I reacted negatively without asking him/her any questions. Later, I learned that there was a good reason as to why he/she has said the thing he/she said in the sms. I felt so bad for reacting the way I did, but I already apologise. So I do hope that will make things fine.

Now, there is a saying that you always here, "You can never take back what you say". So in both this incident, there really isn't any way I could take back what I've said. All I can do is apologise and hope that my relationship between me and these 2 people aren't affected in any way, though people also always say that "Things will never be the same", which I do believe. So in both cases, even if the relationship I have with this 2 people won't exactly be the same, I do hope they won't change in a negative direction. This has definitely taught me a lesson which is, "Think thoroughly before expressing anything!"

Reference:

1) Ronald B. Adler & George Rodman, 2006, Understanding Human Communication, 9th Edition, Oxford University Press, Inc., New York.

~Ash~

This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments