Cultural Influence.  

I’m Indian. And Chinese. You? European? Porutgese? African? Chinese? Indian? Malay? Thai? Indonesian? Sarawakian? Sabahan?

Unfortunately, ‘being one’ just won’t cut it.

NOT.

We can’t help it, but culture does influence a relationship. In a good way, of course.

You probably wouldn’t want to date me because I’m Indian. And. Or. Chinese.
Why?
You probably wouldn’t want to be friends with me because I’m Indian. And. Or. Chinese.
Why?
You probably want to date me because I’m Indian. And. Or. Chinese.
Why?
You probably want to be my friend because I’m Indian. And. Or Chinese.
Why?

Everything has a reason to it. Ever wondered that we all could actually ‘be one’ if we put a stop to unnecessary judgments and bias (?)

If we stop looking down on a certain culture, race, and religion for once, don’t you think negative culture influence would just diminish?

Wouldn’t life be bliss then?

Expectations of and from a particular culture would be non-existent.
Through that, only positive expressions would be expressed all over the world.

Ever had the thought that you could make a difference in the world by initiating an attribute? Say, maybe, you could initiate the act of antiracism amongst your friends?

Distance between people due to culture would be absent.

My mom is Chinese. She married an Indian man. Uh-oh.
Too bad they’re 21 years late; they bred two Chindian kids already.

My best friend is an offspring of a Chinese mom and Eurasian dad.

My LAN group consists of two Malays, two Indians, one Euranese and one Chindian.

My Psychology assignment group consists of one Punjabi boy, one Chinese boy, one Malay girl and me, a Chindian girl. We’re doing a paper on discrimination of race.

Talk about muhibah. Talk about antiracism. Talk about initiation.

The works of peace is love working over time. :)

JcqV

This entry was posted on Thursday, September 25, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Hey Jac

Some very thought provoking issues you have put forth here. Not bad at all.

Cheers

Moots